Sherpa BV - Nijmegen - March 2023
You decide whether you want to use MS sherpa and, therefore, whether you want to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not want to provide your personal data, you cannot use MS sherpa. This is because your personal data is needed to use MS sherpa. You can decide to stop using MS sherpa at any time.
By giving your consent to the processing of your personal data, you give Sherpa BV, located at Ridderstraat 29, 6511 TM, Nijmegen, as the controller, permission to use your personal data mentioned below. This use is according to the agreements as described in this Privacy Statement.
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time. See also below "More information about your rights in data processing".
What personal data MS sherpa processes, and for what purposes
For authentication and for contact in case of problems with the app, the following data are stored:
- Your email address and password. Your password is stored encrypted, meaning neither we nor third parties can read your password.
- The date you received an email invitation to use MS sherpa, whether your email address was verified, and the dates you accepted an app privacy statement.
- The login history for the past two days, including the IP address from which you logged in.
- The date you last logged in, with associated IP address and phone device, and the last time you set or changed your password.
- The total number of times you have logged in and all Internet browsers used for authentication.
In order to provide insight into the symptoms of your disease state to you as a user and/or your practitioners and for the continued development of the MS sherpa, we collect:
- Answers to daily questions such as concentration, stress, memory, pain, mood, energy and how MS affects your functioning.
- Sensor data collected while you run tests on your phone, as well as test results. Exactly what data we collect depends on which tests were selected for you by your clinician. We use data from the GPS sensor (for calculating distance traveled during walking tests), accelerometer and gyroscope, among others.
- Personal notes you take in the app, as these too can be valuable to your treatment or research.
- Information about the type of smartphone you are using.
Personal data we store only if you complete the profile page in your app:
- Your name; to be able to address you personally during any contact in case of problems with the app and as a salutation of possible personal messages in the app.
- Profile information and medical data completed by you; to determine reference values and better interpret your test results.
- For authentication and for contact in case of problems with MS sherpa, personal data are stored.
We do not use automated decision making.
The processors of your personal data and where your data is
We provide your practitioners with access to your data so that they can use it in monitoring your disease progression. If you are participating in a specific study, we provide researchers with access to your data in accordance with the approval you have given them. Your practitioners and/or the relevant researchers may enter your data into an Electronic Patient Record (EHR) or other database in accordance with the privacy statement of the relevant organization.
We use servers of IT service providers to store and process your personal data. We only use servers within the European Economic Area.
In the interest of developing and managing the MS sherpa app, we may share your personal data with our sister company Orikami BV or our parent company Orikami Group BV, both located in the same location as MS sherpa BV.
Data retention period
We will keep your data for a minimum of 5 years after the last use or after the cancellation of the account by you as a user, unless otherwise stated, for example in research context. After the retention period we will delete your data. Of course, you can always ask us to delete your data before the expiration of the mentioned retention period.
How to access your data
You can always view your own data and change it if necessary. If you want to know what data we have recorded about you or if you want to change your data, please contact email@example.com. You can also submit a request to us to have your data removed from our database.
Learn more about your rights in data processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to view, correct or have your personal data deleted. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your possible consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data of you that we hold in a computer file to you or an organization named by you.
You may send a request to inspect, correct, delete, transfer your personal data or withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org. To make sure that the request for access is made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy.
If you have questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks. If your questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data are not handled by us to your satisfaction, please contact the Personal Data Authority.
Privacy statement changes, questions or comments
This privacy statement is subject to change. These changes will be announced to you via the application or via the website http://www.mssherpa.nl/.